It’s time to celebrate with some waffle ice cream sandwiches!
For the waffle:
- Put 2.8 liters water in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 bag of Original Mix (2.27kg) and mix till smooth.
- Finally add 500g of melted butter and fold into mix.
- Let it rest for 10-15 minutes for best results.
It’s really a 3-step process :
1. Make the waffles and let them cool.
2. Sandwich a scoop of ice cream between each waffle pair then stick back in the freezer.
3. Chocolate dip and roll in topping and back in the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
As if the waffles aren’t enough of a twist, try dipping your waffle ice cream sandwiches in some melted chocolate then rolling in your favourite nutty or sweet garnish. Ummmmm, yes please! Of course like any recipe, there’s the long version and the
lazy quick version.
Waffles are perfect for ice cream sandwiches because they’re so cakey and delicious and all those nooks and crannies are perfect to soak up that delicious ice cream as it starts to melt, that is if you don’t devour it in 3 seconds flat.